Skip navigation

Menu

Protect Your Safety with a Dependable Carbon Monoxide Detector in Your Home!

We’ve been talking a lot about air conditioning lately, which is obviously incredibly important in a place like Arizona. Today we’d like to discuss something quite different but, as you’ll no doubt agree, incredibly important in its own right. We’re talking about your own safety, and that of everyone else inhabiting your residence. Carbon monoxide detectors are pretty ubiquitous in homes throughout the country. Regardless of whether or not they are required by law, no home should be without strategically placed CO detectors. Below, we’ll detail why that is. Remember to dial our number if you need carbon monoxide detectors in Mesa, AZ.

What Is Carbon Monoxide, and Why Is it So Dangerous?

Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas, which in and of itself should grab your attention. As if that phrase alone weren’t enough to convince you of the need for carbon monoxide detectors in your home, consider too the physical properties–or lack thereof–of this gas. Carbon monoxide is naturally void of color, odor, or taste. Because of this, its presence is all but impossible for human beings to recognize on their own. A carbon monoxide detector, though, can alert you to the presence of this gas before your safety is jeopardized.

CO, as it is abbreviated, is a natural byproduct of the combustion of fossil fuels, including gasoline, propane, natural gas, wood, oil, etc. We may not use our heaters all that much around here, but chances are that you use fuels like natural gas to heat water in your home or to cook your food using your stove. Because of this, every home should have CO detectors installed therein.

There are some symptoms that you may notice as you are exposed to carbon dioxide, but you certainly don’t want to wait for them to develop before realizing that there is a problem. They resemble flu symptoms, without the fever. Think head and body aches and nausea. As exposure time and levels rise, the symptoms worsen, including dizziness, confusion, shortness of breath, and loss of consciousness. Exposure is fatal if severe enough.

Let the professionals on the North Wind Mechanical team handle all of your carbon monoxide detector services.

Comments are closed.